St. Petersburg Summer School on Network Analysis accepts applications till tomorrow, March 1st, 2017.
*Prior knowledge of network analysis is not required*
The school will be held on July 10–16 2017.
We invite BA, MA and PhD students who specialize in social sciences / cultural studies and are motivated to use network analysis, to take part in a set of introductory hands-on workshops getting acquainted with:
- concepts and methods of network analysis
- key tools and techniques of social network analysis
- basics of semantic and sociosemantic network analysis
- principles and applications of Exponential Random Graph models.
• Dr. Johan Koskinen, University of Manchester
• Dr. Ju-Sung (Jay) Lee, Erasmus University Rotterdam
• Dr. Adina Nerghes, VU University Amsterdam.
Students will get:
- aware of the opportunities network analysis provides for social and cultural studies
- basic practical skills in analyzing different types of networks using the existing software
- experience in working with network data – provided by the organizers or their own
- advice from the teachers and other participants on which approaches to select and on how to apply network analysis in their own projects
- feedback on their projects utilizing network analysis.
Venue: Centre for German and European Studies at St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg, Russia.
Registration fee: €50.
The organizers will provide: lunches, coffee-breaks, participant packages and cultural program. All successful applicants will receive Visa support.
Travel and accommodation: Participants are expected to come and lodge with their own funding, but the 3 persons who provide best applications will get free accommodation.
Organizers: Centre for German and European Studies (St. Petersburg State University - Bielefeld University), Institute for Design and Urban Studies (ITMO University), and the Council of Young Scientists of the Faculty of Sociology (St. Petersburg State University).
Application package: CV, letter of motivation and short description of research project in English.
Address for submissions and inquiries: [log in to unmask].Best,Nikita BasovCentre for German and European Studies (St. Petersburg State University -Bielefeld University)