I am analyzing a set of online communication networks and am interested in exploring their core-periphery structure. I've been doing my network analysis in R and have been unable to find any packages that implement identification of core-periphery structure.

This recent paper (Zhang, Xiao, Travis Martin, and Mark EJ Newman. "Identification of core-periphery structure in networks." Physical Review E 91.3 (2015): 032803) appears quite promising in terms of a scalable approach to identifying core-periphery structure.

Does anyone know if there is a readily available implementation of that core-periphery identification algorithm (or any other) available in R?

Thank you,

Steven L. Johnson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Commerce
U. of Virginia McIntire School of Commerce
http://stevenljohnson.org/