Professor of Statistics and Methodology, Dept of Sociology, University of Groningen
Emeritus Fellow, Nuffield College, University of Oxford
http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~snijders

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 10:49 PM, Xun Zhu <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Sender:       Social Networks Discussion Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Poster:       Xun Zhu <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Questions about interactional specification in Rsiena

--001a11408084ca518205481ff5b2

Hello all,

My colleagues and I are working with longitudinal friendship network data.
We use Rsiena to study the role of opinion leadership traits in developing
friendships.

One of our research questions is to explore if a person with a certain
trait is likely to close the triad. In our data, friendship tie is
non-directed, and the opinion-leadership trait is considered as a constant
covariate. We were wondering if it is possible to create an interaction
between a nodal attribute (e.g., egoX) and a triadic structure (e.g.,
TransTriads) in Rsiena. In addition, the manual offered an interaction
between dyadic effect and a triadic structure such as diffXTransTrip. We
were wondering if such interaction may be applied to non-directed
longitudinal networks.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

best,
Xun

Doctoral student
Department of Communication Arts & Sciences
The Pennsylvania State University