From: UF Division of Sponsored Programs [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gray,Stephanie
Sent: Sunday, February 5, 2017 11:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [UFRESEARCH-L] Interest in NCURA Department Research Administrator Intensive Workshop

The Division of Sponsored Programs and Contracts & Grants Accounting are considering hosting a workshop delivered by the National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) on the UF campus this spring. This session was offered twice last year and was well received by the UF research administration community.  This intensive 2.5 day workshop includes topics such as: role of the department research administrator, discussion of OMB circulars, pre-award administration, management of the award, tools for successful award administration, compliance issues, close-outs and audit. Additional details are available at: http://www.ncura.edu/Education/TravelingWorkshops/DepartmentalResearchAdministration.aspx.

The cost to attendees last year was approximately $620 per attendee.  The cost including travel and lodging to attend one of these at another location generally runs around $2000, so by offering this on the UF campus we hope to broaden the possible scope of who might be able to attend as well as provide UF specific direction on processes and methods to better support our faculty’s research.

If you are interested and have support from your unit to attend, we as that you register interest at: http://research.ufl.edu/or/research-events/ncura-conference-rsvp.html.  If you are a unit leader registering interest, please enter one form for each attendee.  Getting an accurate count will allow us to determine feasibility of hosting such an event. If you have any questions about the session, please contact Stephanie Gray at [log in to unmask].

Stephanie Gray

Assistant Vice President

Division of Sponsored Programs

Office of Research

UNIVERSITY of  FLORIDA

PO Box 115500|237 Grinter Hall, Gainesville, FL 32611| Phone: 352.392-3516| Email: [log in to unmask] | Web:  research.ufl.edu