Due to an annexation this coming December the City of Sugar Land will be acquiring 800-850 boxes of records from a number of municipal utility districts.  Senior City management wants a preliminary budget of what it would cost to either microfilm or convert to electronic format just the permanent records.  As a rule of thumb what percentage of records for local governments are permanent in nature?  I have looked on the internet and I have seen numbers from 10-20 %.  Does anyone have experience with an estimate of what the ratio is?