We call our non-subject area tutors academic coaches. Their job is to help
students with generic skills like note taking, testing strategies, and time
management. We also have subject area tutors who specialize in particular
subjects. Starting as an academic coach is often a good way for students to
eventually move into subject area tutoring. The time requirement for
academic coaches is less than our tutors. Coaches spend an hour a week with
their mentees. They can have from 1 to 4 mentees in a semester.

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 11:39 AM, Jered Wasburn-Moses <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> We do, but we do not have a separate position for them. They are
> tutors/consultants in our content tutoring or writing center who have
> completed Level 2 training. (Our Level 2 is focused on preparing them for
> this role.)
>

> *Jered Wasburn-Moses*
>
> *Associate Director for Tutoring Programs*
>
> Learning PLUS
>
> Northern Kentucky University
>
> University Center 170F
>
> (859) 572-5779