We also use google forms extensively.  Most tutors fill out the forms on their phone so we don’t spend much time checking out laptops for this purpose.  Tutors used to frequently ask us to check whether their forms were successfully submitted.  Now we select the setting that automatically emails the tutor a copy of their form responses.  This has helped a lot.

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Suzette Staal
Sent: Thursday, March 2, 2017 10:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Paper and More Paper

We use Google forms with pretty good success. The tutors need to complete a form after every tutoring session and this is tied to their pay check. (There must be a form with dates and times matching every entry on their time card.) We also used forms for two surveys we send to our tutees. (We now use Qualtrics.) But our return rate is pretty good (about 80%) when we incentivize with a book store gift card. Usually it is only about $25.00 but that seems enough to motivate the students to respond. We provide tutoring matches as opposed to drop in tutoring but we send our surveys out in mass to all students who have received services through our department.

Good Luck!

Suzette

Suzette Staal
Coordinator of Tutoring Services
Academic Success Center

Hope College

261 VanZoeren Hall
41 Graves Place, PO Box 9000, Holland, MI 49422-9000
hope.edu/admin/acadsuccess/ | hope.edu