From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Heidi Carmody
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2017 12:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Hiring tutors

Hi all,

I often have students apply to tutor courses they have taken at another college. They typically want to tutor for the courses they have taken here as well as the courses taken elsewhere. Within the application is a place for faculty to sign them off for the classes they have taken here. How do you go about approving them to tutor classes taken elsewhere? Do you look at their transcript? Have them meet with faculty?
Also, what does your interview process look like? Currently, I interview them. I'm wanting to incorporate a mock tutoring session into the interview. do any of you do that?

Thank you!