From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michele Doney
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2017 11:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Dress Code

Our dress code is attached.  Although I rule out things like sweats, daisy dukes, and jailing, I otherwise do not expect my tutors to dress better than the students they’re helping.  Jeans, tee shirts, ball caps, sneakers, and even visible tattoos and piercings are all fine by me.  My philosophy has always been that the more the tutors look like the students they help, the more those students will learn to identify with high-achieving students, and the more welcome and comfortable they will feel in the center.  One aspect of our dress code is that tutors should not wear excessive perfume or cologne, as it can have adverse effects on students with respiratory issues or chemical sensitivities.

Michele Costabile Doney, M.S.Ed.

Director, Student Academic Consulting Center & Immersion Programs

Secretary, Association for the Tutoring Profession

NCLCA Learning Center Leadership Certification Level Three

Baruch College, CUNY

55 Lexington Avenue, Box B2-116

New York, NY 10010

646-312-4833

[log in to unmask]" alt="cid:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]" alt="cid:[log in to unmask]">