Debbie,
I would be very interested in learning more about your findings if you were able to share off line.

Thanks.
Colleen

Colleen Johnson
Director of Academic Success and Access Programs
Finger Lakes Community College
3325 Marvin Sands Drive
Canandaigua, NY 14424
585-785-1447

On Mar 2, 2017 9:51 PM, "Malewicki, Debbie" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi again,

First, the information people shared over the last week has been very helpful.  This request is kind of a side-note inquiry.

We use both professional and peer tutors in our department.  Each serves a great, but in certain cases, different set of purposes that may overlap in some cases but not all.

Over the last year or so, we've done multiple searches about types of tutoring and come up with a lot in relation to peer tutors but very little regarding professional tutors.  I'm wondering if anyone can point me to existing literature, including anything someone may be currently addressing, insofar as the different attributes and/or contributions of professional tutors.

I may just use it for an article or two on the subject.  Thanks!

Sincerely,

Debbie Malewicki, MA
Director, Center for Learning Resources
Winner of the 2016 ATP Program of Excellence Award
Safe Zone Ally
116 Marvin K. Peterson Library
University of New Haven -- "A Leader in Experiential Education"
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT  06516
Phone:  (203) 932-7415
Fax:  (203) 931-6013
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

"Tutoring to Help You Blossom Into a Better Student"

Thought of the day:  "Everybody is a genius.  But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."  By Albert Einstein