Ana,

When we have students waiting, we ask tutors to either work with them all
as a group (if they are all from the same course/class), or begin limiting
sessions to 20 minutes. Of course, you would need a way for the tutor to be
aware that students are waiting. We've used the low-tech solution of having
students sign up on a white board that the tutor can see.

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 12:34 PM, Robert Dawson Jr. <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi, Ana. Have you tried grouping students by subject and let them work
> together? This would allow peer students to discuss concepts and
> simultaneously free up some tutors.

Judy Weaver
Director
Academic Success Center
Goshen College

*“Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is
something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.” ― Albert Einstein
<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/9810.Albert_Einstein>*