If we do not have a tutor for a requested course I send an email to the department chair requesting a list of tutors that the professors recommend.  I feel this builds respect for the tutoring program among faculty since all of my tutors have been faculty recommended.  I also have try and attract those who are wanting to go into education as this position will will look good on a resume.  The third thing is I work HARD to make sure that if a student is busy with their academics (those are the students I want anyway) that I have very small obligations for them in tutoring.  IF that means I hire three tutors to cover the same work load that one who wants a lot of hours so be it.  I know the quality of the tutoring is high and they tend to say with me through their time here.