Hi all!  As a community college also we used to struggle with this to but
we follow these outreach efforts to recruit and maintain enough tutors:
*End of semester outreach letters to faculty to get a jumpstart for the
next semester
*multiple trainings throughout the semester to consistently train as new
hires come on board
*vp sends congratulatory letter to students on presidents list to invite
them to be active leaders on campus while listing tutoring as one possible
leadership role
*personal calls or emails to instructors as needs arise
*email to PTK students inviting them to be tutors

Some semesters we do all of the above and others just a few depending on
need. We hire about 120 tutors per semester with about 40 to 50 returning
per semester

Hope that helps!

Loreta

Loreta Paniccia