Hi Danielle,

We just implemented a scavenger hunt this year for our first-year College Success Seminar course. Instead of doing a tour, students had a 2-3 page list of things they needed to do or find in the library. This included:
They had to have people sign off on a lot of these things, so we staffed some extra tutors at these times. Overall, student response wasn't exactly enthusiastic, but they certainly got more out of it than a tour or a class visit. Utilization has been dramatically higher this year, and we think this is at least part of the reason.

Hope this helps,
Emily

Emily Janssen
Director of Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction
(262) 551-6047
Hedberg Library 215
Hours: Sunday through Thursday, 10 am - 7 pm