Our center hosts the student-athlete study table. We have one staff member
who clocks in the students (the tutoring and athletics databases) and
liaises with Athletics. We have a coach or member of the Athletics
department present during the study table hours. The student athletes are
in a room that we reserve for them, overseen by the member of Athletics,
unless they are working with a tutor or academic coach. My staff member
gets to know these students and helps to connect them with the appropriate
tutor or academic coach.

From my experience, Athletics has to be involved in this on a regular basis
for this to work. We have great coaches and staff in Athletics, and we
usually have an athletic coach or two in here during the study table. It
makes a huge difference.

Mary

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Josue Verduzco <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

>                 Has anyone had any experience with Study Hall programs for
> Athletes? If you have, what has worked the best?
>

> *JosuƩ Isaƭ Verduzco      *
>
> Learning Support Services Coordinator
>
> Ph: (760) 355-6384
>
>       (760) 355-6390

*Mary Early, Ph.D.:* Director, Learning Support Center

18401 N. 32nd Street, Phoenix, AZ  85032
phone | (602) 787-7183
email | [log in to unmask]
website | www.paradisevalley.edu/lsc
<https://www.paradisevalley.edu/employees/www.paradisevalley.edu/lsc>