Our center hosts the student-athlete study table. We have one staff member who clocks in the students (the tutoring and athletics databases) and liaises with Athletics. We have a coach or member of the Athletics department present during the study table hours. The student athletes are in a room that we reserve for them, overseen by the member of Athletics, unless they are working with a tutor or academic coach. My staff member gets to know these students and helps to connect them with the appropriate tutor or academic coach.

From my experience, Athletics has to be involved in this on a regular basis for this to work. We have great coaches and staff in Athletics, and we usually have an athletic coach or two in here during the study table. It makes a huge difference.

Mary