From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Josue Verduzco
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2017 10:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Changing Tutoring Program Model

Hello,

At the moment we use several methods:

·         Walk-in.- Students come study and if they have questions they can get help. Helps those students that due to their work schedules can set appointments.

·          Appointment.- 1-1 tutoring. Recurring appointment for all the semester. Students that come to Walk-in services tend to switch over. We work with Counselors in order to facilitate services to the ones that needed the most

·         Embedded Tutoring.- works wonder in and out of class. We are able to target a larger population for a fraction of the cost.

·         PLTL model.- We are on our pilot semester.

The biggest problem with keeping up with appointment tutoring is the scheduling of the students and tutors keeping an eye on their schedules.

Josué Isaí Verduzco
Learning Support Services Coordinator
Ph: (760) 355-6384
      (760) 355-6390