Perhaps this article by Gee, Jones and Burke which tests the strength of weak ties hypothesis with Facebook data and reviews several measures of tie strength is helpful:
http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/toc/jole/current#/doi/full/10.1086/686225

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.-------- Original message --------From: James Lannigan <[log in to unmask]> Date: 03/22/2017  7:01 PM  (GMT+01:00) To: [log in to unmask] Subject: [SOCNET] Meta review of tie strength?

Hi SOCNET,

Does anyone know of a meta-review, or meta-analysis of how tie strength has been measured and conceptualized since Granovetter (1973)?

If so, can you please forward me the reference(s)?

Thank you,

James Lannigan

--

James Lannigan