Dear Haiko, Bernie and Rebecca, and all SOCNETers

Thank you for your comments, they are very helpful. I will try to respond to them now.

Haiko

Yes I have used the KONECT data in the past, thank you for sharing. My thought is that as an RDC we might be able to store network data that includes greater node attribute information etc. This would hopefully enable more network studies to be made available, particularly those that contain more sensitive information.

Bernie

Thank you for your positive feedback. My aim is that by engaging the SNA community early on in the process, I can try and make the proposed resource match what the community requires and I very much hope we can make the replication of analyses easier. I also would like to use the SNA community (SOCNET, Sunbelt and others) to promote this should it come about.

Rebecca

The situation you have described is very much something I would like to work to address, as we already have experience of managing sensitive data and studies which are smaller in scale. At present we do not charge a data curation fee and so far as I’m aware (though I’m not part of that team) there are no plans to introduce them.

I would welcome further comments from the community, it is very promising to hear that many people see this as potentially a good idea.

Best wishes,

Simon