Dear Sebastien,

In the article below, we explore friendship and trust trough strong ties in the context of an environmental health study. See also the review from Perkins et al. (2015).

Mertens, F. et al. 2015. The role of strong-tie social networks in mediating food security of fish resources by a traditional riverine community in the Brazilian Amazon. Ecology and Society 20(3): 18. http://dx.doi.org/10.5751/ES-07483-200318

Perkins, J. M. et al. (2015). Social networks and health: a systematic review of sociocentric network studies in low-and middle-income countries. Social Science & Medicine, 125, 60-78.

Hope this helps.
Regards