Hi,

I’m a doctoral student and was awarded an NSF Sociology dissertation improvement grant for my research involving a whole network analysis of residents in an assisted living facility.  One of the requirements of the funding is to make the data publicly available, so I did quite a bit of looking for a good repository for the data.  I found that there are repositories are that network focused, but they weren’t a good fit for my small social science dataset with sensitive health-related information.  The social science/gerontology repositories didn’t seem to be a good fit for network data.

From that perspective, I think it would be wonderful to have an SNA-focused repository with professional curation.  A plug for us students – it would be super to have a sliding curation fee for students.

Best wishes on this project,

Rebecca Mauldin, MSW

Doctoral Student

University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work

3511 Cullen Blvd., Room 340

Houston, TX  77204

Office:  713-743-6392

Email:  [log in to unmask]

Website:  www.uh.edu/socialwork

GCSW on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/GCSW-Facebook

A Carnegie-designated Tier One Public Research University