EERE Success at Crescent Dunes, Ocean Waves, and the 2018 Collegiate Wind Competition

FYI- News from the US Department of Energy.  Kathleen Pagan, Alachua County

From: DOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of DOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 4:55 PM
Subject: EERE Success at Crescent Dunes, Ocean Waves, and the 2018 Collegiate Wind Competition

EERE Weekly Digest of Clean Energy News

ENERGY.GOV

Office of

ENERGY EFFICIENCY &
RENEWABLE ENERGY

April 20, 2017

A Weekly Digest of Clean Energy News

Mirage to Reality: DOE Investment Brings
Crescent Dunes to Life

An EERE Success Story: Developed with funding from the SunShot Initiative, SolarReserve’s Crescent Dunes Solar Energy Plant is the first utility-scale facility to use advanced molten salt receiver technology. The 110-megawatt power plant incorporates storage to power 75,000 homes—day or night. Learn more >>

News

2018 Collegiate Wind Competition

Participants announced: Twelve universities will clash in our student wind energy competition next May in Chicago. Full article

Blog

How Ocean Waves Convert Motion into Electricity

The energy of a single wave could power an electric car for hundreds of miles. Learn how researchers convert that energy into affordable electricity. Full article

Blog
7 National Parks Enhanced by Clean Energy

Learn how EERE projects improve the park experience and preserve our historic sites and natural wonders. Full article

Share

Share

Tweet

Success Story
Advancing Geothermal Energy by Seeing Underground

New tool provides a view below Earth's surface and proves important to geothermal energy investors and stakeholders. Full article

Share

Share

Tweet

Connect with us