The UF Graduate Student Council (GSC) is now accepting travel grant applications for travel that begins on the following dates:
(1) Domestic travel beginning June 15 – July 22
(2) International travel beginning July 1 – July 22
The application and further information is available on the GSC Grants website at ufgsc.org. The deadline for grant applications is April 30 for both domestic and international travel. Please note these deadlines are different than other months, as they have been adjusted to accommodate the end of Student Government’s fiscal year.
GSC is also seeking students to review travel applications at monthly review meetings. These are typically held the first Monday of each month at 6 p.m., and last between 1.5 -2.5 hours. New reviewers are trained at the beginning of each meeting. To find out more or attend the next meeting, please email [log in to unmask]
Please remember the following when applying for travel grants:
(1) A representative of your department must attend all GSC general body meetings, the dates of which may be found here: gsc.sg.ufl.edu or here: https://www.facebook.com/UFGraduateStudentCouncil/
(2) No purchase made on a department PCard may be reimbursed by a GSC travel grant.
(3) Funding is not guaranteed, and awards are made on a competitive basis. For information regarding application evaluation criteria, please our webpage: http://ufgsc.org/faqs.html
(4) Applications submitted late or in the incorrect application window will be denied automatically.
(5) Incomplete and/or plagiarized applications will be denied automatically.
(6) Students can only receive one award per fiscal year. Definition of the fiscal year dates for GSC travel are defined here: http://ufgsc.org/faqs.html
If you have questions, or are interested in serving as a reviewer on GSC’s Grants Committee, please email [log in to unmask]