Please register for Defining Smart: The Values of Multiple Intelligences on May 19th from 12:00-1:15 EST at:

 https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/7715614322311635969

(Webinar is sponsored by the National College Learning Center Association, NCLCA.)

Session Description

In our current educational systems, it is primarily IQ and performance on analytical assessments that define intelligence. Core college coursework is built accordingly.  This puts students who are more creative or very practical thinkers at a disadvantage.  In Defining Smart we will look at two theories of intelligence that help us better understand the variety of learners who come to our colleges.  We will discuss exactly what’s happening in the brain as a student takes in information.  We will finally look at two theories of learning that can be tremendously helpful as we design interventions for students who are struggling to navigate core courses.

This session will be delivered by Curtis Turner who is a teacher trainer and math curriculum expert with a passion for the novice math learner.  Curtis has been an educator for 24 years working as a middle and high school math teacher, k-12 principal, community college dean and currently a university instructor at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs.  During his time in k-12 and the community college, Curtis observed the struggles of students who had failed to learn fundamental and essential skills.  Since that time he has committed his work to finding ways to meet the needs of the novice learners who currently reside in a system that doesn’t work very well for them.

Registration Information

Institutional Fee = $100
Member Fee $50.00 = Discount Code MEMBER
Non-Member Fee $55.00 = Discount Code NONMEMBER

Questions?? Please Contact:

Sharon Silverman

Martha Casazza

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the training.

*To learn more about the National College Learning Center Association, please visit us at www.nclca.org. Also watch for our additional 2017 webinars.

 Martha E Casazza

Co-Chair, NCLCA Webinar Series