***Apologies for cross-posting***

We would like to invite you to attend the 2017 International Conference on Social Media & Society (#SMSociety) happening on July 28-30 in Toronto, Canada. This year’s theme is on “Social Media for Social Good or Evil”.

The May 1, 2017 early-bird deadline is fast approaching. Register today at: https://socialmediaandsociety.org/registration/

The 2017 #SMSociety Conference offers an intensive 3-day program that includes numerous methods workshops (https://socialmediaandsociety.org/2017-workshops/), over 100 full & work-in-progress papers, panels, and over 40 posters featuring the latest in social media research. Our interdisciplinary research community brings researchers from a wide variety of disciplines including Communication, Information Science, Computer Science, Education, Journalism, Management, Political Science, Sociology, Health, and other fields.

This year, we are honoured to have two highly distinguished scholars and leaders as our keynotes speakers:

And two featured panels:

We hope you can join us for this exciting event and contribute to this emerging research area!

If you have any questions about the conference, please email us at: [log in to unmask]

--

2017 #SMSociety Organizing Committee:

• Anatoliy Gruzd, Ryerson University, Canada – Conference Chair

• Jenna Jacobson, University of Toronto, Canada – Conference Chair

• Philip Mai, Ryerson University, Canada – Conference Chair

• Bernie Hogan, Oxford Internet Institute, UK – WIP Chair

• Jeff Hemsley, Syracuse University, USA – WIP Chair

• Hazel Kwon, Arizona State University, USA – Poster Chair

Advisory Board:

• William H. Dutton, Michigan State University, USA

• Zizi Papacharissi, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA

• Barry Wellman, INSNA Founder, The Netlab Network, Canada

Programme Committee:

• Visit: https://socialmediaandsociety.org/about/