From: Piazza,Andrea L
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:44 PM
To: Graham, Wendy D. <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Girls Place Field Trip

Good Afternoon,

My name is Andrea Piazza and I am a part of the Girls Place summer camp team here in Gainesville. We are still looking for a couple more field trips/experiences to fill our "Environment" themed week (June 13th-16th.) We really want to give the girls an exciting an educational experience that educates them on the importance of water in their lives. Who knows maybe this will inspire some future water researchers!

We are looking for a field trip to one of your research facilities to teach the girls about water technology, conservation, their relationship to water, and careers related to water. However, we are an educational non-profit facility and to keep our camp as accessible as possible we are hoping this could be run at as low as a cost as possible. This could be an opportunity for your team to get involved in the community, and have a positive impact on some of our extraordinary young women.

Some More Information on Our Camp..
We have five color groups which are broken up by age and can be split further as needed according to your recommendations on what would allow for an effective demonstration/field trip.
Pink (Kindergarten and 1st Grade): 32 girls
Red (2nd and 3rd Grades): 50 girls
Yellow (4th and 5th Grades): 45 girls
Green (6th and 7th Grades): 25 girls
Blue (8th and 9th Grades): 15 girls
Total: 167
**This is the absolute maximum number not allowing for absences, cancellations, etc.

The earliest we could arrive/start would be 10:00 am and the latest we could depart/end would be 4:00 pm. This time would optimally allow for multiple groups to go a day and a lunch time for each. Meanwhile the girls could be at Lake Alice, or elsewhere at our facility.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Andrea Piazza

Girl's Place Summer Camp Counselor
B.S. and B.F.A.
M.A. Candidate
College of Education and Human Performance
University of Central Florida
Phone: (813) 690-5092