A DSP Reminder:   Outgoing Subawards

DSP would like to thank everyone for their patience as our outgoing subaward team undergoes transitions to new personnel and systems. This transition includes improvements to our process and procedures that will enhance our ability to issue subawards more efficiently and compliantly.

As a reminder: For the outgoing subaward team to generate and complete a subaward, the PI or department must complete a Subrecipient Smartform through the UFIRST Awards Module and include as attachments the following;

·        Clear Statement of Work: This should be specific to the subrecipient’s role in the project. The statement of work is an exhibit to the subaward and must be properly named and provided by the department. Attaching the overall UF proposal, the NOA or a budget justification in lieu of the statement of work is not acceptable.

·        Detailed Budget: The budget and budget justification should provide sufficient detail regarding the proposed expenses for the subaward.  If there are changes to the budget and/or budget justification from the original proposal/submission, the amended budget and budget justification must be provided by the PI/department to DSP. The budget must match the amount you wish to release to the Subrecipient as entered into UFIRST.

If you have any questions, please contact our team at [log in to unmask].

Thank You,

Brian Prindle

Associate Director, Sponsored Programs