Good Morning Mike,

At BSU we stop taking requests for 1:1 tutoring 2.5 weeks prior to the beginning of finals. Our tutors are typically working with quite a few students and 2.5 weeks will allow them enough time to work through certain material with the new student.

We encourage the new student to join in on a current session for a small group atmosphere and this allows the student who has been attending tutoring to revisit older material and possibly assist the tutor in the process.

If the requested course has a corresponding walk-in or forum format available we urge the student to use this resource as well. Tutors are not required to tutor throughout finals week, but they can choose to continue to meet with their students if they want.

Hope this helps!

-Mark

Mark Wade

Tutor Team Coordinator

Academic Achievement Center

Bridgewater State University

10 Shaw Road, Maxwell Library

Bridgewater, MA 02325

(P) 508-531-2779

Includer Communication Futuristic Discipline Input