From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Maher, Patricia <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, June 2, 2017 9:58:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Center Furniture

Here are some ideas that we have found to make a difference:

  1. Flexibility!  For example, small tables, with wheels, that can be moved around and grouped easily as the needs in the area change.
  2. Rather than buying expensive dry-erase table tops, we simply buy inexpensive material from Home Depot and cut it for the tables.  Again, flexibility and inexpensive to replace as they wear out.
  3. Chairs with wheels that can easily move from place to place.
  4. Sturdy and easily cleaned for example vinyl seats rather than cloth.

Pat

Patricia A. Maher, PhD

President, NCLCA

Former Director,  Academic Success Center

University of South Florida

Tampa, FL

813-541-8821