​Shevawn,

We have 50 plus, though probably not in the same way as you do.

We found that matching by COURSE, on a first-come, first-serve basis is our
best approach (for now).  When students were allowed to request a tutor by
name and were matched accordingly, our numbers went way up.  We believe
(though no one will confess to it) that students were indicating a need for
a tutor artificially so that they could employ their friend, the tutor of
that subject.  They may or may not have been involved in tutoring when they
got paid.

We match by hand, but use student paraprofessionals for much of it, as
there are many caveats (i.e. a professor is allowed to suggest that Student
A tutee be matched with Student B tutor) - such is the life of a small
private college).

When we don't have coverage, we seek a tutor recommendation from the
professor.

Joy
​

Joy de Leon
Assistant Dean of Students
Director, Learning Enrichment and Disability Services
Beloit College
700 College Street
Beloit, WI 53511
(608) 363-2572 (office)
(608) 363-7059 (fax)

 Make an appointment by going to:  joydeleon.youcanbook.me  (not available
in the summer) <http://joydeleon.youcanbook.me>

Access and Inclusion are Everyone's Responsibilities.

​*Image Description: Learning Enrichment and Disability Services written
around a circular logo containing the partial images of the ASL sign for
interpreter, a book and pencil, a light bulb, and a tree. The image is
black, white, brown and teal.​*