Hi Kim – we have used the MSLQ (Motivated Strategies for Learning Questionnaire – Pintrich & DeGroot) for pre and post assessments – and also ASSIST (Approaches and Study Skills Inventory – Tait, Entwistle & McCune).  See http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED338122.pdf and http://www.etl.tla.ed.ac.uk/questionnaires/ASSIST.pdf

These are a little less task-focused than the LASSI, so I think deciding on which to use will depend on the particular constructs you are wanting to measure.

Best,

Marina

Marina Micari, PhD

Director, Undergraduate Programs, Searle Center for Advancing Learning and Teaching

Lecturer, Master’s in Learning and Organizational Change

Northwestern University

627 Dartmouth Place

Evanston IL 60208

847 467 6481

www.northwestern.edu/searle

Success is not a solo endeavor … check out the Undergraduate Academic Resource Portal!