Hi Colleen,

I have been working as a director of the Academic Success Center, ASC, for
two years. now.  I inherited a study hall program that was a mess.  I have
adapted it and still don't feel that it was successful.  This next year I
will have the coaches directly involved in the study hall portion of the
program and have the ASC provide sessions on academic survival skills from
library use to time management.

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 6:44 AM, Colleen Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hello list serv friends,
>

> I am interested in hearing from learning center directors who have
> collaborated with their athletics department and what types of
> collaborative opportunities have worked well. My office has been approached
> with the idea of offering required “study hall” in our learning center
> space. If you have done something similar, what were the successes as well
> as challenges? The concept of a study hall seems to be on the right track,
> but I am hoping to get some ideas brewing that would more actively engage
> the student athletes.
>

> Many thanks!
>

> Colleen
>

> Colleen Johnson
>
> Director of Academic Success & Access Programs
>
> Finger Lakes Community College
>
> 3325 Marvin Sands Drive
>
> Canandaigua, NY 14424
>
> Phone: 585-785-1447 <(585)%20785-1447>
>
> E-mail: [log in to unmask]

*Louis Burkwhat,  M.A.E., M.Div.*

*Director Academic Success Center*

*530-226-4979 <530-226-4979> office*

*X2979 ext.*

*530-226-4864 fax*

*Want to set up a time to meet?  Get on my calendar *here
<https://lburkwhat.youcanbook.me/>!

*[image:
https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/kBlrDx1Veop7btb7nGaDci0Y_kT7eToJovCbEDCbustQCpFrqVDOI9GWK9Tgs55B5yBIWeSIKnUuDrt3409RfqNtnIY=s0-d-e1-ft#http://simpsonu.edu/assets/img/ID/email/su.gif]*

*Learner—Belief—Achiever—Responsibility**—**Connectedness*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This communication and any documents, files,
or previous e-mail messages attached to it, constitute an electronic
communication within the scope of the electronic Communication Privacy
Act, 18, USCA 2510.  This communication may contain non-public,
confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole
use of the designated recipients.  The unlawful interception, use or
disclosure of such information is strictly prohibited under 18 USCA
2511 and any applicable laws.