Howdy colleagues: I am interested if folks are willing to share any position descriptions you’ve got for professional study skills tutors. We are looking to create a new time position that develops programming, workshops, online resources, and outreach modalities for helping students develop college appropriate skills in reading, “make it stick” learning, note-taking, time management, and resilient mindset. This position would certainly offer one-on-one tutoring opportunities to students as we do currently, but we are also looking to go to the students on these issues through in-person presentations where the students are [classrooms, study halls, dorms, et cetera] and through virtual presentations where they roam—ONLINE and via social media. The students served by this position would primarily be our residential undergraduate population, although we might be able to offer digital resources to online students as well.

I would appreciate any advice on such a project you may have to offer, as well as any relevant or reasonably congruent position descriptions you might have developed. Thanks! Ted

Robert E. (Ted) Ingham

Director

Academic Achievement Center

Norwich University