What do you do to pump up your tutors right before your center opens for tutoring?  It was suggested to me by some tutors that they would like to mingle with their fellow tutors since they don’t know everyone.  We have 4 centers, so most tutors never see one another.  I took their suggestions, and last semester on the Friday before tutoring began, we had an ice cream social.  It did not go over as I had hoped.  Only 5-6 new tutors and 2 returning tutors came – we have around 70 tutors total each semester.  Also, a hope of mine was that the new tutors could meet the returning tutors since they don’t meet each other until they begin working together.  During early August, we have a returning tutor meeting and new tutor training for our new tutors.  I’d like for this get-together to be during the week before tutoring begins and not focus on training material, but serve as a way to get them excited for the next week’s opening.

I’m always on the lookout for ways to get our tutors more excited about their jobs – other suggests on this matter are welcomed, too.  J

Danna Baggett
Director
Tutoring Services
903-510-3114

TJC Logo

PO Box 9020, Tyler, TX 75711
1400 East Fifth St., Tyler, TX 75798

Attention: The information contained in this message and/or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or nonpublic material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy any copies. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to change your subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe), point your web browser to http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html To contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]