From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rebecca Cofer
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tutor party ideas?

This is a great question.  I pride myself on creating a real family in my center and think our beginning of semester training does that.  One tutor even asked me how I learned to do that- create a team and know what activitie4s would do that.  Lol I incorporate games and socializing in to that training day(s), but I have also had end of semester parties at a restaurant and that helps a ton.
I love the idea of a social before the semester begins. I think going off campus is key, but you may find that doing a holiday or end of semester party will help more, beyond the training days.

Rebecca Daly Cofer
Coordinator, Campus Tutoring Services
Academic Support
Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College