The Division of Sponsored Programs is happy to announce that Ron Lester has been promoted to a new Sponsored Programs Manager in our office.  Given Ron’s experience in the areas of biomedical research, he will lead the HSC team (formerly led by Dee Dee Teel).  Dee Dee has agreed to serve as the Manager of the combined IFAS/Campus/Engineering (ICE) Team.  We look forward to Ron’s leadership and appreciate Dee Dee’s transition in support of our office.

In addition, DSP has created a focused team to manage all award modifications and focus on UFIRST data quality.  Debbie Thigpen, Joyce Jackson, Annie McPherson, Nancy Mullee & Stacey Sandrey will report to Lisa Stroud and will process all UFIRST award modifications run through DSP. The HSC & ICE teams will continue to set up new awards but only for direct National Science Foundation awards, Fund 214 (Clinical Trials), and UF/UFF/UFRF awards.  The Awards Team will be spending significant time in ensuring the data reflects the intent of the modification and meets University data standards to support proper award management and award reporting.  If you have questions about this team’s responsibilities or on any award modification, please email Lisa Stroud.  If you have any questions navigating UFIRST or UFIRST award modifications, please email [log in to unmask].

A new DSP Org Chart and an updated directory is available online at: http://research.ufl.edu/research-program-development/research_program_development_docs/DSP_Org_Chart%2004072017.pdf

Regards,

Stephanie

Stephanie Gray

Assistant Vice President

Division of Sponsored Programs

Office of Research

UNIVERSITY of  FLORIDA

PO Box 115500|237 Grinter Hall, Gainesville, FL 32611| Phone: 352.392-3516| Email: [log in to unmask] | Web:  research.ufl.edu