Along those same lines, I feel like it can be less intimidating for a tutor to be observed by a peer than by the supervisor, and job evaluations are scary for everyone, especially young people who may be in their first job.  I’m working on training some of my level 3 tutors to do peer observations.  My goal is to have them do the initial observation of returning tutors and then I will do an observation at a later time.  I am also working on having them work with new tutors to give constructive feedback about their first few sessions.

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jan Norton
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Level III ideas

What about spending some or all of that time to train your Level III tutors how to train or mentor other tutors?  Whether they present a training session or serve as a mentor, both experiences look good on a resume and may help tutors see a future in a job as a learning center manager.  Both opportunities also grant credibility and promotion within your staff as tutors gain more experience and become increasingly valuable employees.