From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susana Brower
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 5:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Beginning & Ending a Tutoring Session/Session goal-setting

Hello everyone,

Do any of you have effective trainings on Beginning and Ending a Tutoring Session, specifically that help tutors and tutees set session-specific goals and assess/review how well those goals were met during tutoring?

I'm not looking so much for information on setting long-range goals (e.g., developing time management skills) since we have peer mentors who tackle those subjects separately from our tutors.

Any materials or ideas have would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Susana Brower, M.A.
Assistant Coordinator, Tutorial Assistance Program Academic Resource Center UC Riverside Riverside, CA 92521
Voice (951) 827-5345   Fax (951) 827-4543