I have a large peer tutoring staff. I was hoping to do cords for ones who had distinguished themselves, but the President’s office asked us not to b/c there has been an unchecked proliferation of cords. We do a certificate for every graduating tutor (even those who tutored before and have left our service). We usually put up Dollar-Store graduation decorations on a bulletin board with names of the graduates on it. This year, though, I did a bulletin board with photos of the graduating tutors (photos the tutors submitted). It was really nice, and the tutors were really appreciative.

Amy

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Martha Krupa
Sent: Thursday, July 6, 2017 2:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Graduation

Hi Charles,

My tutoring group is quite small (6-8 tutors), but our office gives them an alumni mug, I give them a Barnes & Noble gift card, and this past spring I took them to dinner at a local restaurant.  I had three graduate this past spring, but I offered dinner to all the tutors.  In the past I have brought in pizza to commemorate the end of the semester, but I got tired of pizza.  I have also provided breakfast foods on occasion as a change.  I can do this since I have a relatively small group and it doesn’t break my budget.  Any recognition is appreciated.

Martha Krupa

Tutoring Coordinator

Niagara University