Hi Tiffany.

Skype, as far as I know, doesn’t have a shareable whiteboard and it should be used in conjunction with one.

We used to use Skype for writing support. Students would share the paper through Skype itself or, better, Google docs. We now use WCOnline built-in platform for online sessions. It works quite well for writing; however, the technology limitations remain and our tutors often have to use Skype or their phone to speak with the student while both of them look at the paper on WCOnline. As for tutoring, WConline really doesn’t work well. Their whiteboard is very limited compared to even the free version of GoBoard.

I hope this helps.

Ira

Pronouns : She, Her, Hers

Ira Fabri

Assistant Director, Tutoring and Program Development
Academic Support and Access Center
American University
Mary Graydon Center 243
Washington, DC 20016-8027
202-885-3365
www.american.edu/asac

Please note, I usually read emails during regular business hours.  Generally, I will respond within 24 hours, or sooner.  If you have a matter that needs immediate attention, please indicate that in your email or contact the front desk .