Justin,

My University is larger than yours (2300 students) but is in the process of
converting 5000 square feet of library space into a learning commons that
will house academic support, accessibility services, writing center, and
accommodated testing.  I have been a one person operation since Fall 2015,
brought in to build the academic support program as part of the Student
Success Center, which was created in our Strategic Plan.  My program has
consisted of myself as the Director and one office temporarily housed in
the library's Collaborative for Teaching and Learning (faculty space).  As
a result of increase in student visits and expansion of the program
services, the program received a generous proposal from the University
Librarian to convert tech services space on the main floor to a commons
housing these support services.  That's a brief overview. If you would like
more detail, please feel free to contact me.  I am thrilled to be occupying
the space for the Fall semester and what it will mean for our students.

Best of luck!

Stacy

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Justin A Bowles <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Good morning, All,
>
> I am looking for some advice and information from those of you that manage
> learning/achievement centers at small schools. I currently coordinate
> tutoring and mentoring programs, but we do not have a dedicated space. We
> have about 1200 undergraduate students and are hoping to get a center into
> our strategic plan. I am tasked with finding some good examples of
> achievement centers at schools our size.
>

> I also would like to know how you started your centers. If you started
> small and what your center looked like in the beginning. I am trying to
> find space on campus that can be our “starting small” point!
>

> Thank you!
>
> Justin Bowles
>

> [image: cid:[log in to unmask]]
>
> *Justin Bowles*
>
> *Assistant Director for Student Support*
>
> Academic Services and Faculty Development
>
> Christian Brothers University
>
> 650 East Parkway South
>
> Memphis, TN  38104
>
> (901) 321- 3758 <(901)%20321-3758>
>
> [image: cid:D9AA5CA8-A383-4755-BA4C-56120AF5CCE1]
> <https://www.facebook.com/AcademicServCBU?ref=br_tf>[image:
> SNAGHTML29c22f64] <https://instagram.com/academicservcbu/>[image:
> cid:99D948F6-07D8-42DC-B999-2C031414CE06]
> <https://twitter.com/AcademicServCBU>[image:
> cid:FAE87EA6-B927-4CA2-A8DE-B4B5314D0D0C]
> <https://www.youtube.com/user/fromCBU>[image:
> cid:[log in to unmask]]
> <http://www.snapchat.com/add/academicservcbu>
>
> NOTICE:  This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain
> confidential or privileged information that is intended only for the use of
> the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  This information
> should be treated with the appropriate level of security to preclude the
> disclosure of sensitive or privileged information.  If you are not the
> intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any disclosure, copying,
> distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of
> this information is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
> please notify the sender, delete this e-mail from your machine's memory,
> and destroy the hardcopy information.  Thank you.

Stacy L. Davidson
Director for Academic Support
Student Success Center
Trinity University