One of our staff brought in a beach ball and wrote categories on each segment.  You toss the ball to someone else in the circle, and that person needs to answer the question posed or give an example from the category, e.g., a metacognitive approach, a department to which you might make a referral and why, or a tip for helping ESL students.  You can use this approach as an ice-breaker as well sharing hobbies, major, home location, etc.

Sincerely,

Debbie Malewicki, MA

Director, Center for Learning Resources

Winner of the 2016 ATP Program of Excellence Award

Safe Zone Ally

116 Marvin K. Peterson Library

University of New Haven -- "A Leader in Experiential Education"

300 Boston Post Road

West Haven, CT  06516

Phone:  (203) 932-7415

Fax:  (203) 931-6013

E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

"Tutoring to Help You Blossom Into a Better Student”

Thought of the day:  “A man can fail many times, but he isn’t a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”  By John Burroughs