Angie,

The processes we use for tutors and SLA Leaders are fairly similar:

·         The supervisor observes the employee at least once during the semester. After the observation, the supervisor conducts a guided reflection with the employee, culminating in the employee identifying one specific improvement they will make.

·         The students who interact with the employee are asked to provide feedback on the services provided. This feedback may be provided at any time, but we specifically request it during the third, eighth, and thirteenth weeks of the semester.

·         The supervisor reviews any other pertinent information on the employee, including current GPA before completing the attached evaluation.

Each evaluation also includes a section labeled “Employment Status.” I do not allow supervisors to mark either the “Warning” or “Unfavorable” blocks without first discussing the situation with me.

Good luck with your revision.

Martin Golson

Director, Academic Support

Certified Learning Center Professional – Level 4

Austin Peay State University

(931) 221-6553