Dear SOCNETters,

We are looking for a person with good skills and experience in Natural
Language Processing for our project on the boundary of history and
social network analysis. The project involves analysis of historical
documents and written communication (e.g. letters) in Portuguese.

Skills/experience:

- Skills and experience in text mining and natural language
processing, especially solving Entity Recognition problems
- Ability to work with text data in Portuguese
- Tools: preferrably R or Python
- Good communication skills in English
- Experience in Social Network Analysis will be an asset

Timeframe: We would like to start working within July-September 2017,
but the sooner the better.

What we offer:

- Opportunity to work on an interesting topic on the boundary of
history and social network analysis
- Collaboration with an interdisciplinary team
- Monetary compensation

More info here http://bc.bojanorama.pl/2017/07/project-opportunity-in-natural-language-processing-of-historical-texts-in-portuguese/

Best regards,
Michal Bojanowski

--
MichaƂ Bojanowski
Assistant Professor

Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling (ICM)
University of Warsaw
Prosta 69, 00-838 Warsaw
+48 22 8749 427
http://recon.icm.edu.pl