There is also an earlier excellent book by Pat Doreian, also see the
thesis by Ian McCulloh at CMU (which you can get by inter-library loan).

Doreian, Patrick, and Frans N. Stokman, eds. Evolution of social
networks. Vol. 1. Psychology Press, 1997.

McCulloh, Ian. Detecting changes in a dynamic social network. Diss.
Carnegie Mellon University, 2009.

---
See also these
McCulloh, Ian, and Kathleen M. Carley. "Social network change
detection." (2008).

McCulloh, Ian, and Kathleen M. Carley. "Longitudinal dynamic network
analysis: using the over time viewer feature in ora." (2009).

(note change detection is available in ORA, as are a number of other
longitudinal techniques)