Gloria-

   In all likelihood, the canonical resource for longitudinal network analysis is that of Tom Snijders at Oxford (https://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~snijders/siena/) as well as his students such as Christian Stadtfeld now at ETHZ (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/universitaet/aktuelles-und-medien/oeffentliche-veranstaltungen/veranstaltungen/veranstaltungsdetails/2017/1/31/event/23366-Christoph-Stadtfeld-Zric/tx_cal_phpicalendar/).

  I hesitate in calling this work 'seminal,' although it is in the context of network literature, because it's strongly related to earlier work done in psychometrics on multimode principal components such as PARAFAC (e.g., this tutorial, https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~pmuthuku/mlsp_page/lectures/Parafac.pdf), Pieter Kroonenberg's book Three-mode Principal Component Analysis and his 'Three Mode Company' (http://three-mode.leidenuniv.nl/), Ledyard Tucker's original decompositions of the data cube (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucker_decomposition) as well as the work of many scholars in longitudinal multidimensional scaling and the methods they developed to decompose matrices enabling dynamic analysis (e.g.,  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multidimensional_scaling) including J.D. Carroll, William Kruskal, Wayne DeSarbo or Forrest Tucker's ALSCAL -- the original alternating-least squares algorithm which continues to see wide use today by machine learning enthusiasts.

Thomas Ball