FYI.  Kathleen Pagan, Alachua County

From: DOE Solar Energy Technologies Office [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Subject: Join SunShot for the 2017 Solar Eclipse

ENERGY.GOV - Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
SunShot Initiative

Dear SunShot Supporter,

August 21, 2017 marks the first total solar eclipse in nearly a century that spans the entire United States. In that century, our country’s electric grid has undergone drastic changes with the addition of large amount of solar generation capacity, some of which is expected to go offline during the eclipse. So how will the eclipse affect electricity generation?

We’ve created a Solar Eclipse 2017 webpage that serves as your information hub as the event approaches. It contains information about the predictions of the eclipse’s impact on solar energy generation, how utilities are expected to manage their supply and demand, as well as a range of resources from NASA.

In addition to the website, join the National Renewable Energy Laboratory for a Facebook Live event today at 4:00 p.m. ET, where researchers will discuss how their SunShot-funded work is helping to manage the effects of the eclipse. You’ll be able to ask questions and have them answered live. We hope to see you there!

The SunShot Team

DOE Twitter Twitter

EERE Facebook Facebook

EERE LinkedInLinkedIn

This service is provided to you at no charge by DOE's Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE). Visit the Web site at eere.energy.gov.

This email was sent to [log in to unmask] on behalf of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy · 1000 Independence Ave., SW · Washington DC 20585