Hi all,

I’m working on a longitudinal stochastic actor-oriented model focused only on network dynamics (selection).  I have one time constant covariate (X) and another time-varying covariate (M), and a selection effect (Y)- actors’ popularity to other actors (i.e., altX). Ideally, I’d like to test whether M mediates the relationship between X and Y.

Although I’ve been able to find a few examples of mediation tests for behavior dynamics in stochastic actor-oriented models, I’ve been unable to locate any examples of testing for mediation in network dynamics. Is the mediation test that I am suggesting possible?  If so, I’d appreciate any resources  (e.g., example articles, syntax, etc) or guidance that you might have for testing mediation in the network dynamics portion of stochastic actor-oriented models.

Thanks!
Jenna Watling Neal

–––
Jennifer Watling Neal, Ph.D.