I'm always for the direct approach, and recently took that, also with teachers -- I did a five-column network survey where the last part was How helpful is this relationship to you, in getting your students to succeed? (Scales of 1-10 produced lots of 10s, 1-3 produced lots of 2s. I ended up using that, since the mode was also the median.)

General results, unfortunately, are pending, but I'd be happy to try to answer if you had any questions about the successfulness of the strategy.