Hi everyone,

In my research we want to measure the quality of teachers' ties. We have a couple of qualitative frameworks for this, which we explored in interviews with beginning teachers, but we also want to expand these with more quantitative measures of quality (based on their ego/whole network, dyads ...).

The first thing that came into mind was 'reciprocity'. When a tie is reciprocial, the quality of the tie is higher (which is supported by literature). The literature concerning this matter, however, is scarce. That's why I was wondering what you were thinking? Which other network measures could be considered as an indicator of the quality of a tie?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Laura